- Rosneft, ExxonMobil Release Terms for Strategic Cooperation Agreement
Rosneft and ExxonMobil signed agreements to implement a long-term Strategic Cooperation Agreement to jointly explore for and develop oil and natural gas in Russia and to share technology and expertise.
- Texas to Play Significant Role in Future U.S. Crude Oil Growth
The state of Texas has a significant role to play in this growth, with production anticipated to reach 2 MMbopd in the next few years, said Texas Railroad Commissioner Barry Smitherman.
- Repsol to Study Legal Measures Against YPF Nationalization
Spain’s flagship oil company Repsol said that Argentina’s decision to nationalize unit YPF was “clearly illegal and gravely discriminatory.”
- Total Makes Significant Progress towards Stopping Elgin Leak
Total says several further helicopter flights may be required to stop the gas leak at the Elgin well.
- Oil Spill Dangers Still Remain after Macondo Incident
The second anniversary of America’s worst environmental disaster on Friday should serve as a reminder to the nation that there remains much work to be done.
- Dash of Carbon Ups Absorbability of Nanosponges
Researchers at Rice Univ. and Penn State have discovered that adding a dash of boron to carbon while creating nanotubes gives them an astounding ability to absorb oil spilled in water.
- KazMunaiGas EP Open to Taking Stake in Kashagan
KazMunaiGas is ready and willing to join oil majors ExxonMobil and Total in developing the giant Kashagan field, said Alik Aidarbayev.
- Chancellor Pours Oil on Troubled North Sea
The mood in Britain’s O&G industry was so buoyant after last month’s Budget, it was difficult to believe the North Sea has suffered from 12 consecutive years of rapid declines in production.
- Utah’s Challenge: Get Its Waxy Crude Oils Flowing
Utah has four of the nation’s 100 largest oil fields, but development of its black wax crude has been slow in coming.
Digest powered by RSS Digest